The 2020 Ohio Democratic Primary has been extended through April 28th. In a big change to protect Ohioans from COVID-19, you can vote-by-mail, but there will not be an in-person Election Day or voting at the Early Vote Center (unless you have a disability). If you have already voted early for the March 17 primary, your vote will be counted and you should not request a vote-by-mail ballot!
How to vote in the extended primary
- Request your absentee ballot through the Franklin County Board of Elections: https://vote.franklincountyohio.gov/Absentee-Ballot-Request NOTE: you must download, print, and mail in the application.
- What if I don’t have a printer? Fill out this form or call the Franklin County Board of Elections at 614-525-3100 to have an application mailed to you.
- Get your request to the BOE no later than April 25, 2020 at noon. We recommend dropping off your application in person if possible to the Board of Elections drop box, 1700 Morse Road, to ensure that it is processed quickly.
- Mail in your completed ballot no later than April 27, 2020 to the Franklin County BOE Absentee Department, P.O. Box 182111 Columbus, OH 43218 (or return it in person to the BOE, 1700 Morse Road, by April 28, 2020 at 7:30pm).
- Track your ballot: https://franklincountyohio.ballottrax.net/voter/
- Find answers about the 2020 Ohio Primary at voteohio.gov or call the voter protection hotline at 1-833-DEM-VOTE (1-833-336-8683) if you experience any problems.
- Grab your Democratic Sample Ballot and vote for every endorsed Democrat on your ballot! Find your ward and Meet your Neighborhood Democrat!
Your Democratic Sample Ballot
Stay safe and be well, Ohio!